These recipes were really good and are going to be a go to for me. I like the idea of using the waffles for grilled cheese. It is like fresh homemade bread. Very clean eating.
Paula Dean's Cornmeal Waffles
Full recipe HERE
1 3/4 C Flour
1 1/4 C Yellow Cornmeal
1 T baking powder
1 t Sugar
1 t Salt
2 C Milk
3 T vegetable oil
2 Large Eggs
Stir all together and cook in small batches on waffle griddle.
Once they are cool, use a bread knife and cut so they are open faced. Then put lots of shredded or sliced sharp cheddar cheese on one side. Put the top back on and bake in the oven on a cookie rack at 350 degrees for a few minutes until the cheese is melted.
Tuscan Bean Soup
Full Recipe HERE
I didn't change anything about this recipe and it was so so good.
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, dice
2 medium carrots, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 medium zucchini, diced
1 yellow summer squash, diced
4 cloves garlic, pressed
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
¼ teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon dried rosemary
1 quart vegetable (or chicken) broth
2 (14 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 (14 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes with juices
3 cups chopped kale, ribs removed
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a 6 quart or larger Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the onions, carrots, celery, zucchini, and squash. Saute for 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, thyme and rosemary. Cook 30 seconds.
- Stir in the broth, beans, and tomatoes. Bring the contents to a boil, then turn the heat down to low and add the chopped kale. Cover the pot and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender* to partially puree the soup, leaving some chunks of beans vegetables for texture.
- Add Salt, Pepper and vinegar.